The Hospice of St. Catherine
was built in 1391-92, under grand master
Heredia, by the Italian Domenico d'Allemagna,
admiral of the Order of the Knights of St.
John (Knights Hospitaller).
The Hospice, exclusively intended for eminent
guests of the Order, was already in use
The building was apparently destroyed
in the siege of 1480 and the earthquake
of 1481 and rebuilt by Costanzo Operti in
1516, when Fabrizio del Carretto was grand
Today, restored, it shelters the Hellenic
Educational Center of the Ministry of Culture
in the Dodecanese Islands.
Address: Peisidorou Square,
Medieval Town Rhodes